Saturday, December 20, 2014

Blogcon Exclusive with Richard Yap about The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin

How was it doing comedy for the first time?
It was fun in the set. I am willing to do it again.

You play Gen. Wilson Chua in the movie. Have you been in military training or enlisted?
I was a Tech Sergeant during my CAT.

How was working with Vice, Alex, Kean, Bimby and Direk Wenn?
It is my first time to work with them. Direk Wenn is face-phased. You need to memorize lots of lines at a very limited time. Bimby is a nice kid and very professional.

How do you feel about the humor of the movie? 
I admit doing comedy is new to me since I used to TV drama and the punchlines can be below the belt but as long as it is relevant. But despite the punchlines, there are still lessons that can be drawn from the movie like family love, love for country, and humility.

Now that you have done comedy, what other types of roles do you like to do? 
I would like to do action. Specifically, like James Bond or Taken spy/thriller stories.

Richard Yap was just recently named Best Foreign Actor in a a Drama Series in Vietnam's Green Star Awards for Please Be Careful With My Heart and Jodie Sta. Maria for Best Actress. He admit he thought it was not true since he just heard it from the social networks.

Watch Richard Yap joins Vice Ganda in The Amazing Praybeyt Benjamin. Directed by Wenn Derama. Also stars, Alex Gonzaga, Kean Cipriano, Bimby Aquino-Yap, Tom Rodriguez, Nikki Valdez, Vandolph, Ricky Rivero, Al Tantay, Malou de Guzman and more. Distributed and released by Star Cinema and Viva Films. For blogcon coverage, follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment