Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Life Of Pi movie review:

Story: An extraordinary adventure of Pi. While traveling by sea, a storm struck the ship and left him stranded in the middle of an ocean along with a Bengali tiger. Based on a book by Yan Martell.
Photo courtesy of 20th Century Fox

Review: This is the first Ang Lee movie I like since Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. You don't get to watch this kind of movie often. Ang Lee is one of the directors that I admire because of his type of making movies. Ang Lee is also known for making independent label in movies. FOX 2000 is also one branch of Twentieth Century Fox that produces independent movies.

When I first saw the trailer, I didn't pay much attention to it. Until a friend told me that if there is one movie I am going to see this year, watch Life Of Pi. This also came from those who already watch it in U.S. If it weren't for the MMFF, it would have been shown earlier last year.

The trailer was already appealing because of the colorful background and the zoo animals involved. But what makes this movie unique it will make you rationalize, believe whether you are a religious or a free thinker. When I was still studying, my professor told me that when you are writing a movie review, it is also like theologizing. Life Of Pi is probably one of the movies that can help you draw some insights. 

As for the 3D, there are probably selective scenes that will make it good for 3D but not the whole movie. Life Of Pi opens is showing in Philippine cinemas starting January 9, 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment