Monday, September 9, 2013

Rush movie review

Story: A true story about two rival F1 racers.

Review: The movie made me appreciate F1 racing. I like the the rivalry between Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Even though they are total opposites, their common denominator was that they are both driven to beat each other in a race.
Photo courtesy of Captive Cinema
 
Despite the rivalry and their difference, they could make best friends even though it was not clear if they were really best friends. This is probably Chris Hemsworth best role since Thor. It was quite different. When he played the title role as The Huntsman in Snow White and The Huntsman, it didn't differentiate his acting from being Thor. So, I can say that his acting got better.
 
I knew Daniel Bruhl from Inglorious Basterds. He played the role of a Nazi soldier that was given a tribute movie that starred himself. Since then, I am seeing his German movies at CinemaWorld. In his role as Niki Lauda, he admits that he had difficulty in playing the part because the person was still alive and people who knows him in television knows his body language.
 
Niki Lauda himself serves as consultant in this film. He oriented Bruhl about F1 racing by bringing him in a Brazilian Grand Prix. 64-year old Lauda said after he watched Rush, "S---! That's really me." "I wish he(James Cunt) could have see the movie because I know for sure he could have enjoyed it."*

Director Ron Howard is taking a big leap from doing family oriented films into a more serious story. This is something to look forward into especially in the Oscars.
 
Like Bruhl, I was also oriented about F1 racing and I learn to appreciate it and the lifestyle of the drivers have. Rush is distributed and released in Philippine cinemas by Captive Cinema. For more movie reviews, follow Mark_Templar on Twitter.

*Nicki Lauda interview by John Hiscock, The Telegraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment