Monday, April 13, 2015

The Longest Ride movie review

I usually have an idea of what kind of movies Nicholas Sparks adaptations are and it always have the same elements. A quiet town, a love story, and a death of one character. You always expect this. 

I almost didn't watch it unless there is a female companion I can ask for an opinion to review this movie. Also, But the reason why I like to see this movie was Britt Robertson. Not only she's hot but also I am a fan of her series, The Dome. She also has an upcoming movie from Disney called Tomorrowland. Looks like she has promising career in the movies.

But The Longest Ride was different from the previous Sparks stories. it is like The Notebook but there are two different couples separated by time since but are drawn together by their experiences. 

I can also relate to Scott Eastwoods character minus the bullfighting. We are both old school. We both behave like a Southern gentleman. I will not go pick up a girl at her door without any flowers or prepare dishes instead of buying a take-out food.

There is just one scene here that was patterned after a real life story. To not spoiling it, I can only say that it is the auction scene. To sum it all up, I really felt good after watching the movie and I am glad I didn't skip this movie not because I was watching it with someone.

My viewpoint for this review is for the movie because I haven't read any Sparks book yet. For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment