Sunday, July 13, 2014

Begin Again movie review

When I first saw the poster and the scenes, I thought it was another love story. But I decided to see it since because the current hulkster Mark Ruffalo is in the movie. I also thought the movie was a scheme to make a movie debut for Adam Levine but I can be proven wrong.
Photo courtesy of Weinstein Company

The movie is not like the type that can out of Hollywood. The quality of this movie can be compared to an independent production. The movie needs no big budget and the main stars are not just Mark Ruffalo, Keira Knightley and Adam Levine but the songs which play the integral part of the movie especially the characters. Just a note, it is not a musicale.

I first saw Mark Ruffalo in Just Like Heaven. I really like his performance. He did well in his succeeding movies including this one not because he is now Hulk's alter ego Bruce Banner. Adam Levine is the right choice for movie not because he is a recording artist. He is a performer who can show potential in movies. Maybe he can follow the steps of Mark Wahlberg formerly known as the rapper Marky Mark and Justin Timberlake.

But the big revelation for me was Keira Knightley. When I was watching the movie, I was asking myself. Is that really her singing? After waiting for the credits, I saw her name in most of the songs. Her singing reminds me of Natalie Imbruglia.

The movie is something different and I highly recommend it specially for movie buffs like me. This is probably the best movie this month has to offer.The story has quality and substance. The movie is rated R-18. It has no nudity nor violence. Only that the story is for mature, thinking audience. I can find seeing myself in the situation of the characters and relate to the movie.

Screened at SM MOA Cinema. For more quality reviews, interviews, movie releases and more; follow this blog or like L.E.N.S. blogs. on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment