Monday, September 26, 2016

HOOQ Hangouts with Pinoy Rom-Coms

Before, I never watch local movies because I don’t find anything interesting because I was still a kid. As an adult now, I have an appreciation on selected titles if not few. But I am learning to appreciate local movies if not all of it.
Despite the Friday heavy traffic, it didn't stop the people from going here

As a movie reviewer for my blog, I only get to watch movies as long as I get invited to blocked screenings or premieres. Watching movies in cinemas is expensive and I only get to watch most at a cable movie channel. I don’t download pirated or original because I still believe that watching a movie inside the cinema is still the best.
Even the main actor attended

Most of my movie invites are mostly from big U.S. distributors so most of my reviews are Hollywood movies and I rarely get invites for local movies even if I wanted to. That is why I get to watch HOOQ Hangouts because they not only show my favourite TV series but also Pinoy movies that I missed. Recently, I’ve seen Every Breath You Take starring Piolo Pascual and Angelica Panganiban.

It was in Pinoy movies like these that I am able to compare Rom-Coms (romantic comedies) to American movies because the writers nowadays have good materials for the local movies. EBYT is no exception. It has comedy and love story but it also have drama moments.


I can’t wait to watch another movie or series next month. For the next HOOQ Hangout, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook. Thanks to HOOQ and Globe for hosting this event.

No comments:

Post a Comment