Sunday, June 12, 2016

Me Before You movie review

At first, I thought it was one of those love stories that is a usual boy-meets-girl type. But when I got to watch it on a advance screening, I thought wrong. The movie was an adaptation from Jojo Moyes' novel of the same name.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros.

The premise of the movie was about Will Traynor, a young man from a well-off family who suffered a paralysis after a road accident. Enter Louisa "Lou" Clark, a former waitress who applied for a job to take care of Will.

For my review, I will list down what I thought about the movie:


  • If you think of U.K, you only know London and its sights. The movie in other areas of the British domain. I love the castle ruins.
  • Seeing another potential image for Emilia Clarke that is not the  Khaleesi.
  • Besides Emilia Clarke, another Game of Thrones actor Charles Day is also part of the cast.
  • Besides Game Of Thrones, there are more pop-culture references that is also connected with the movie: Sam Claflin is from Hunger Games, Matthew Lewis; better known for his role as Neville Longbottom in Harry Potter movies, and Jenna Coleman; for her role as Clara in Doctor Who TV series.
  • The colorful ensemble of characters delivers a comical approach despite the heavy theme of the movie. It is somehow similar to Richard Curtis' screenplays.
  • The British has a different approach of delivering smart comic lines.
  • Despite the seriousness of the issues outlined in the movie, I still think that it gave me some heaviness of heart but it also made me feel good in the end.
  • Author Jojo Moyes wrote the screenplay herself. It's a rare thing for authors who can write screenplays.

This ends my list. My verdict: I highly recommend it. For the guys, I suggest you bring a white handkerchief to offer it for your movie dates. Nothing beats old school. For more movie reviews, follow this blog and like L.E.N.S. blogs on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment