Monday, May 27, 2013

The Great Gatsby movie review

Adaptation from a novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald. When I first heard about this movie, I am not sure if I want to see it. I am not a fan of Baz Luhrmann but I am curious about F. Scott Fitzgerald since I like the movie, The Curious Case of  Benjamin Button.
Photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures

But I never thought I will like the film. Although it looks like the story can relate in modern times like a telenovela, Luhrmann made it more cinematic and let us experience it in 3D. As for Leo DiCaprio, I believe it was his best performance since Inception.

It is a Luhrmann trademark to make it appear like a periodical piece with a modern soundtrack. But unlike the modern times who's into sex, drugs and rock & roll, it was sex, wine and jazz. I am sure that Filipinos can appreciate it regardless of the English language but it will be better to watch it in the movies rather than wait for it to be translated to Tagalog on local TV.

The Great Gatsby is released and distributed by Warner Bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment